Litwin was founded in 1955 in Wichita, Kansas by the brilliant engineer and innovator, Harry Litwin. In 1960 Litwin expanded and relocated it’s headquarters to Houston, Texas. In the following years, Litwin became a world renowned international contractor.
In 1995 Litwin was acquired by Raytheon Engineering and Constriction, that was later acquired by The Washington Group, which subsequently filed for bankruptcy.
In 2003, Harvey Katz, one of the original founders and former chairman of Litwin, with the assistance of Harry Litwin himself, resurrected the company. Once again, Litwin has risen as a provider of project management services, assisting clients in managing complex projects from the inception through completion.